VIRTUAL EVENT: Quarantine Qook-Off Qompetition
Join us for our very first Quarantine Qook-Off Qompetition!
Join PCW for our first-ever Quarantine Qook-Off Qompetition on Zoom! This will be the first cook-off in history where the judges don't taste the competitors' dishes! Audience members will choose the Quarantine Qook-Off Champion by voting on each contestant's originality/uniqueness/creativity, humor, perceived tastiness, beautiful presentation, most difficult to make, healthiness, and best aligned with theme. You can sign up to be a chef (and cook whatever you'd like), or just watch your classmates and salivate accordingly!
The themes are:
1) Fall foods...Thanksgiving is coming up, so this is the perfect opportunity to test out those new recipes so you can impress your family!2) Princeton-specific foods: Remember those delicious dining hall chicken tenders? Mouthwatering Eating Club lava cake? Or your favorite Hoagie Haven sandwich? See if you can replicate your fondest Princeton culinary memory!3) Best overall appetizer, main dish, dessert, or brunch food4) Best "ethinic" cuisine5) Choose your own theme!
You’ll present your dish live on Zoom for about 5 minutes. No one will be watching you cook or put the dish together. It should be ready before the actual event. When it's your time to shine, please:
- Introduce yourself (you can be as wacky as you want) and your culinary background
- What categor(ies) and theme(s) are you nominating yourself for?
- Show us what you made, how you made it, ingredients
- One sentence on why you think you should be the Quarantine Qook-Off Champion
The logistics for the event will be as follows:
- 7:00-7:15pm: Gather in Zoom
- 7:15-8pm: Chefs present their dishes. Make it look good, make it look hilariously awful--Do whatever it takes to win!
- 8:00-8:15pm: Voting by audience members
- 8:15-8:30pm: Champions announced, event conclusion
- After event: exchange recipes!
RSVP to be a Chef or audience member here!
When: Sunday, November 8th (7:00-8:30 PM)
Where: Zoom (link to be provided after registration)
If you have any questions, please contact PCW Program Chairs Hilary Bernstein '14 and Sam Norton '12.